Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Time to Fight

It's no surprise to me, really, that we've all grown a bit complacent in the blogging. During the primaries, we were all very excited.

Fuck it, I'll cut the crap. The deal is we were all terrified. We were terrified of having to choose between two shitty candidates again. Then we won that battle. And since then, we've gotten a bit complacent.

However, I'm calling this a call to arms. We are not remotely out of the woods yet. And even before the two parties have their respective national conventions, we have this:



This is what we're up against.

Look, I know. I know it's not like any of us are really doing that much to change anything by writing here, or at least that's surely how it feels. It's how I feel.

But during the primaries, this blog made me more passionate. It made me more informed. It made me care more than I already did. Most importantly, this place kept me sharp, thus making it easier for me to cut through bullshit outside the blog. It helped me hit people with quick facts and truths to combat all the lies that were out there.

Like so:

Did you know that Obama's vote was cast as it was due to the mounting evidence that Illinois was putting innocent people to death? I can't find a citation for this, because you can't google "obama" and "death penalty" anymore without hearing about the recent Supreme Court decision.

However, I found this report from the New York Times, detailing Illinois' moratorium on executions, due to the rising number of overturned convictions in the state.

So he wasn't "weak on crime" he was actually "strong on not just executing black people every time somebody dies of unnatural causes."

Just wanted to clear that up.

0 responses: