Saturday, July 5, 2008

It Still Weirds me out...

...to think that I'm no longer in the minority in some of my dissenting opinions.

According to a CNN poll, most Americans don't believe the Founding Fathers would be proud of the way the country has turned out.

and now it's time for quotedown:

According to a new CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey, 69 percent of adult Americans who responded to a poll June 26-29 said the signers of the Declaration of Independence would be disappointed by the way the nation has turned out overall.

So, American knows that shit is fucked up. However, we still happen to believe our shit don't stink:

Sixty-one percent said they were extremely proud to be Americans; another 28 percent said they were very proud. Seven percent answered "moderately," 2 percent said "only a little," and 1 percent answered "not at all."

And finally, because this is television news on the internet, we have some excessively nugacious bullshit tacked on at the end:

Forty-one percent of respondents said a candidate should always wear [a flag pin]. Another 13 percent said "frequently," 16 percent said "sometimes," 19 percent said "only occasionally," and 9 percent said "never."

I wish they would have asked those polled whether or not they thought our Founding Fathers would have given a two shits about something as insignificant, insincere and idiotic as a motherfucking flag pin.

I would have liked to have seen those numbers.

2 responses:

Blood Zirconia said...

I actually saw an awesome shirt recently that says, "I Hated Bush Before It Was Cool." I thought about getting it, but it'll only have a shelf-life of 199 days. Not that I'm counting.

the analyst said...

why doesn't cnn ask the tough questions?

why not a poll that asks how the founding fathers would feel that we may have a black president soon?

something tells me not all of them would be down.