Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Truth (about the truth)

The truth sounds a whole lot awesomer when it's delivered by an insanely radiant angel of the news.



She's gorgeous, obviously. However, I'd also like to point out that Lara Logan isn't on the Daily Show for the normal reasons most people go on TV to talk shit. She has no book to sell. She has no TV news special or movie to pimp. As far as I can tell, she's on the Daily Show for two reasons.

1) to let the men who fall in the target demographic of the Daily Show know that an insanely beautiful and intelligent woman does the international news on CBS. (I now know where I would get my TV news if I were to actually watch TV news)

2) To say her piece, much of which is invaluably necessary and insightful, not to mention nearly impossibly well-informed.

I think I'm in love.

1 responses:

the analyst said...

i saw her first. she's mine.